Monday, May 31, 2010

I need your help. Yes, you.


+






OK. Here's the deal.

I recently purchased a 1979 Trans Am with an Olds 403 and 40K original miles. Pretty much everything is still original, except for the tape player. Yes, the tape player, of all things. Someone actually upgraded to a Pioneer AM/FM radio and TAPE DECK. Let me reiterate this once more. My car is equipped with 200hp and a TAPE DECK.

Don't get me wrong, I have had a few adventures in this sweet whip already, but I intend to have more. A lot more, which I plan to chronicle on this very blog that you are currently reading.

And this, my friends, is where you come in.

I need mix tapes, people! I need sweet and savory, bad a$, well engineered mix tapes. I want creativity! I want cover art! Think of the ones you made for your 8th grade sweetheart that you poured your late night soul into while you were supposed to be doing your math homework. Think of all those comic books and magazines that you cut up and glued to the thick paper sleeve so all the track names could be written in style.

So, this is the plan:
You send me your tapes! I will listen to them in the Trans Am and rate your efforts. If your tape rocks, the whole world will hear about it. If it sucks, sucks to be you, 'cause I will be sure to rip it into a million little pieces (in the most hilarious way, of course). Bonus points will be awarded for original/creative cover art, song flow, and song choice. I will also chronicle what I am doing when I am listening to your tape, where I am, and what kinds of sweet adventures your plastic reel to reel is taking me on.

This is a major challenge, I get that! That's what makes it so fun and exciting! So get to GoodWill! Borrow your little sister's Hello Kitty tape deck! Get going! Because the more tapes I get, the more adventures we can go on.

Besides, let's face it, chicks dig mix tapes in a major way. I should know, I am one. :)

1 comment: